Arizona Immigration Solutions

Employers – Families – Business Owners – Individuals

Parental Visas

If you are a U.S. citizen and have a parent or parents who are not, let JCL Immigration Attorneys help you bring them to the United States. Your family can enjoy the benefits of being closer to you, better healthcare, more opportunities for work, and an enhanced standard of living. The details vary depending on their country of origin or residence, so partnering with JCL Immigration Attorneys in Scottsdale is essential. We can help you sort through the requirements, wait times, and other matters so you can bring your parents to live and thrive in the U.S.

Who Can Bring Parents to the U.S.?

United States citizens may sponsor their parents to come to the United States from other countries. Non-citizen permanent residents are not allowed to sponsor their parents. Parents of U.S. citizens are granted an IR-5 visa and permanent resident status. After five years of having an IR-5 visa/green card, your parents can apply for U.S. citizenship.

General Details:

A U.S. citizen sponsor must be age 21 or older to sponsor their parents.
A sponsor must have the financial means to support the parent until they start working.
A sponsor must live in the United States and have a U.S. address.
A sponsor must include a copy of their birth certificate to prove the relationship between the
sponsor and parent.

What About Immigration Quotas for Parents?

Parents are considered to be immediate relatives, along with spouses or children under 21 of U.S. citizens. There is no quota for immediate relatives, and immigrant visas are immediately available. The following applications are required:

I-130 family petition: This is the petition submitted by a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to sponsor a qualifying relative.

I-485 adjustment of status application: If the sponsored relative is in the U.S. and qualified, he or she will file this application to get a “green card.” Concurrently with the submission of the I-485 application, we often submit the application for a work permit (I-765) and advance parole travel document (I-131).

General Details:

If the qualifying relative is in the U.S., the I-130 and I-485 applications can be submitted simultaneously.

Even if the relative is in the U.S. without valid immigration status, he/she can still be issued a green card without leaving the U.S. as long as the relative entered the U.S. legally.

Only U.S. citizens, not permanent residents, are allowed to sponsor their parents.
If the sponsored relative does not live in the U.S., he/she must complete the immigration process by submitting additional forms, documents, and payments and then having an interview at a U.S. consulate in his/her home country.
All visa applicants must complete a medical exam and may also be required to have certain vaccinations.
Required documentation to present during your consulate interview includes original or certified copies of the following:

• Birth Certificate
• Documentation of Adoption
• Court and Prison Records
• Marriage Certificates
• Divorce Documentation
• Military Records
• Photocopy of Valid Passport Biographic Data Page
• Police Certificates

JCL Immigration Attorneys has Parent Visa Attorneys in Scottsdale, AZ, who can help sponsors provide the necessary documentation and complete the application process.

Schedule Your Consultation Today!

Bring your parents to the United States to enjoy a better life! Complete the contact form to request a consultation. We know you are excited, so you can expect to hear from us quickly, usually within 24-48 hours.

15 + 3 =

JCL Immigration Attorneys, PLLC

3200 N. Hayden Road, Suite 320
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Phone: (602) 831-2329
Fax: 602-883-7893