Arizona Immigration Solutions

Employers – Families – Business Owners – Individuals

Re-Entry Permits

Lawful permanent residents (LPR) of the United States are generally allowed to travel outside the country and return. Re-entry permits are issued to help prevent problems re-entering the country after traveling abroad. JCL Immigration Attorneys in Arizona can help you prepare for international travel and avoid headaches when returning to the United States.

Re-Entry Permit

General Details:
A Permanent Resident Card becomes invalid for re-entry into the U.S. if you are absent from the country for one year or more.
A re-entry permit allows you to apply for admission to the United States after traveling abroad for up to two years without having to obtain a returning resident visa.
A re-entry permit establishes that you did not intend to abandon your current LPR status.
Many countries worldwide may allow you to use a re-entry permit much like you would a passport, placing necessary visas and entry and exit stamps in the permit so you may use it as your main travel document.
You should file Form I-131: Application for Travel Document well before your planned trip.
You may not apply for a re-entry permit from outside the United States.
Re-entry permits cannot be extended.

Schedule Your Consultation Today!

Get help with your re-entry permit today! Complete the contact form to request a consultation. We know you are excited, so you can expect to hear from us quickly, usually within 24-48 hours.

9 + 13 =

JCL Immigration Attorneys, PLLC

3200 N. Hayden Road, Suite 320
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Phone: (602) 831-2329
Fax: 602-883-7893