Arizona Immigration Solutions

Employers – Families – Business Owners – Individuals

Sibling Visas

If you are a U.S. citizen, you can bring your siblings (brothers or sisters) to the United States. JCL Immigration Attorneys understands how you may want to help your brothers or sisters enjoy a better life and more opportunities living near you in the U.S., so we can provide essential assistance with the immigration and visa application process. The details vary depending on their country of origin or residence, so partnering with JCL Immigration Attorneys in Scottsdale is key to getting the help you need. Bring your siblings to thrive and prosper in the United States with the seasoned help of our Arizona Immigration Lawyers.

Who Can Bring Siblings to the U.S.?

United States citizens may sponsor their brothers or sisters from other countries to come to the United States. Non-citizen permanent residents are not allowed to sponsor their siblings. Brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens may be granted an F-4 Preference Relative visa/green card and permanent residency status. After five years of permanent residency, they may apply for U.S. citizenship.

As of May 2024, only 65,000 F-4 visas are granted each year. The approximate wait time before your siblings may enter the United States is around 14 years. Due to differing details, siblings from India may wait around 16 years, siblings from Mexico may wait around 22 years, and siblings from the Philippines may wait around 21 years.

Wait times are determined by a complicated formula based on the annual quotas of all “green cards” and how a specific country has used up the quotas over the years, as well as used and unused quotas in various categories. The Department of State publishes the wait time monthly in the Visa Bulletin.

General Details:

A U.S. citizen sponsor must be age 21 or older to sponsor their siblings.
A sponsor must have the financial means to support their siblings until they start working.
A sponsor must live in the United States, have a U.S. address, and show proof of citizenship.
A sponsor must include a copy of birth certificates to prove the relationship between the sponsor and siblings.
If your sibling is in the U.S. without valid immigration status, he/she can still be issued a green card without leaving the U.S. as long as they entered the U.S. legally.
All visa applicants must complete a medical exam and may also be required to have certain vaccinations.

What Is Necessary for Sibling Immigration?

Sibling immigration visas are the last family immigration preference level (F-4), so you need to work with one of our Arizona Immigration Attorneys to ensure your application and documentation are completely correct.

The following applications are required:

Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative: This is the petition submitted by a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to sponsor a qualifying relative.
Form I-864, Affidavit of Support: Until your sibling shows financial stability, you will be responsible for their finances here in the United States. This form has four different types, so consult with your Scottsdale Immigration Lawyer about which form fits your scenario.
JCL Immigration Attorneys has Sibling Visa Attorneys in Scottsdale, AZ, who can help sponsors provide the necessary documentation and complete the application process.

Schedule Your Consultation Today!

Start the application process now to get a jump on bringing your siblings to the United States! Complete the contact form to request a consultation. We know you are excited, so you can expect to hear from us quickly, usually within 24-48 hours.

5 + 6 =

JCL Immigration Attorneys, PLLC

3200 N. Hayden Road, Suite 320
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Phone: (602) 831-2329
Fax: 602-883-7893